Does suboxone have narcotics in it?

It has bupenorphine, which is technically an opiate, but doesn't test positive as opiate on a drug test.

Suboxone contains a combination of buprenorphine and naloxone. Buprenorphine is an opioid medication. Naloxone blocks the effects of opioids such as morphine, codeine, and heroin. Taken as prescribed, under the tongue, the naloxone will not block the effect of the buprenorphine.

So, in answer to your question, yes, suboxone is a narcotic - and is, therefore, an addictive drug. Suboxone is meant to be used in a very specific manner, to help with withdrawal from other narcotics. The "high" it produces is less than most opiates, making withdrawal less difficult.

Suboxone is not for occasional ("as needed") use. It should be taken ONLY when a person is in "full blown" withdrawal, or else it will bring about "precipitated withdrawals" which are horrendous. As I said, there is a set protocol for how this drug works best, or else it can actually make symptoms worse.