Does St. John's Wort help with insomnia? Thanks?

Anonymous

Hi xercisefreak,
St. John's wort did not help with my insomnia, but Melatonin did. It is natural and can be purchased at any pharmacy or supermarket.
Hope you get some ZZZZ's !!
sweetlemon

xercisefreak 3 Mar 2011

Hi sweetlemon,
Thank you very much for your feedback. Will have to try that one out. I really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Anonymous 3 Mar 2011

Why coitainly xcersizefreak!!! Also, you can find Melatonin with Valerian Root mixed in the capsules, works great!

St. John's Wort is mostly an anti-depressant. Melatonin works great for sleep and so does Remeron which is a prescription. Hope this helps you gets some sleep good luck, marjorie zych

xercisefreak 4 Mar 2011

Thank you marjorie for your experience. Definitely will give the melatonin a try first. I have been really sad and not able to sleep either. Was hoping to find something that would help both problems. Thanks!

marjorie zych 4 Mar 2011

If you check on the Remero it may help both issues because Remeron is also an anti-depressant so that may help the other issue. Take care, marjorie zych