Does Slow Fe cause stools to turn dark or black?

Hi, yes it can

Slow Fe Oral

Iron may cause your stools to turn black, an effect that is not harmful.

If your doctor has prescribed this drug, remember that he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.

I hope i helped

I don't know what Fe is, but any time you have black stool it could be blood. I'm just telling you this because of warnings on drugs some medicines can make you bleed inside and that's a serious problem.

Anonymous 4 Jul 2010

Possible side effects of Slow Fe Controlled-Release Capsules:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:

Constipation; darkened or green stools; diarrhea; nausea; stomach upset.

Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); black, tarry stools; blood or streaks of blood in the stool; fever; vomiting with continuing sharp stomach pain.

Read more: