Does simvastatin make your upper stomach swell? I feel bloated after starting the drug?

Anonymous

Hi , No it does not make your upper stomach swell

It causes abdominal pain, I will give you a list of all the side effects( for future reference) but after you read them CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR ON MONDAY AND LET HIM/NER KNOW WHAT YOU ARE EXPERIENCING... OK... from a caring individual

SIDE EFFECTS

Headache
Abdominal pain
A general feeling of weakness, known medically as asthenia
Constipation
Diarrhea
Indigestion, known medically as dyspepsia
Flatulence
Nausea
Upper respiratory infections
Muscle pain, known medically as myalgia

Some of these possible Simvastatin side effects include but are not limited to:

Anonymous

No it does not cause your upper stomach swell.

It causes abdominal pain.

I will give you all the side e ffects for future refere, after you read them contact your DOCTOR on Monday and let him/her what you are experiencieng..from a caring individual.

SIDE EFFECTS

Headache
Abdominal pain
Constipation
Diarrhea
Flatulence
Nausea
Upper respiratory infections
Muscle pain, known medically as myalgia

Anonymous 10 Jul 2010

Sorry, I did not realized I answered twice!!!

Pam in TN 10 Jul 2010

Thank you for responding!

I have been on simvastatin for several years now and have not noticed any swelling or enlargement of my upper stomach. But after reading the previous answer it made me realize that I was experiencing some of the drugs side effects. Great answer mas04169 I learned somethings that I did not know about simvastatin. Wish I could say the same about my belly. It is the only part of my body that has increased in size. Maybe my addiction to chocolate in any form (especially rocky road with chocolate syrup) may have something to do with that. But my cholesterol has gone down nicely. Hope you feel better. B