Does prometrium 200 mg help to ovulate ?

No, Prometrium does not help you to ovulate.

Progesterone (Prometrium) is one of the primary female reproductive hormones. It is produced by the corpus luteum, which develops immediately after ovulation. The progesterone released by the corpus luteum helps to build up your endometrium so that is ready for implantation of a fertilized egg. If pregnancy does not occur, the progesterone levels begin to drop off, causing the endometrial lining to shed in the form of your menstrual period.

Progesterone is often given to women whose corpus luteums do not produce enough progesterone. When this happens, the endometrial lining does not thicken enough to allow for implantation. Progesterone is administered to increase the length of the luteal phase, helping to allow for pregnancy.

(Progesterone is also used to treat women who do not menstruate regularly. Progesterone helps to thicken the endometrial lining. As the progesterone begins to wear off, menstruation begins.)

If you take prometrium on day 14 of your cycle it could be benificial to your body holding on to the fetus if you do become pregnant. On day 14 our progesterone levels naturally rise after ovulation so your body dosn't expell the fetus.