Does Pradaxa cause joint pain or pain in thighs?

Anonymous

Joint pain is a serious side effect seek immediate medical attention, also inform your Dr.-

Pradaxa

All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Pradaxa:

Diarrhea; heartburn; indigestion; mild stomach pain or upset; nausea.

This is a possible side effect. Not all of the side effects are known at this time since this is a new drug. The manufacturer of Pradaxa tells you that you need to see your doctor or go to the ER if you have any of the following symptoms: unexpected pain, swelling, or joint pain. Therefore, based on your question you fall into the above statement and should see a doctor ASAP.

After taking pradaxa for several weeks both my knees and my hips started to swell and ache. I did not realize this was a side effect of this until I looked it up on the internet. Anyony taking this drug should use caution and speak to your Dr regarding side effects