Anonymous

Does percocet and lortab show up the same on drug screen?

Percocet (Oxycodone) metabolizes into Oxymorphone, Lortab (Hydrocodone) metabolizes into Hydromorphone... immunoassays on regular drug screens (like NIDA 5) only look for codeine and morphine metabolites, so as strange as it sounds, a standard drug screen will not detect Percocet or Lortab. There is a lot of confusion regarding this, most people are under the misconception that all opiates register as opiates on drug screens but the immunoassay process is far more complicated than that, most of the time a specific test is required to detect a specific opiate.

christineATU 5 May 2010

colinzimmermann, I've read some of your answers, you're quite bright!

collinzimmerman is correct. It's very confusing. That's why you should tell in advance any medications you take. Ameritox is a big testing facility. On the front page lists a whole host of controlled substances, prescribed, when the last dose was taken, etc. When I was tested, of the 20 different tests, all but 3 were "consistent." I had told them I had taken a tylenol#3 and since it didn't show up, it was marked "inconsistent." Of the prescribed meds I was taking, all tested positive within the normal range. Meaning I was med compliant. All the IA, MS, ELISA, Assay cutoff, Range comparison, all very confusing. I'm still trying to decipher my report, but the first answer is correct!