Does over ther counter imodium have loperamide in it?

Imodium is the generic for loperamide.-

Loperamide a synthetic piperidine derivative, is an opioid drug effective against diarrhea resulting from gastroenteritis or inflammatory bowel disease. In most countries it is available generically and under brand names such as Lopex, Imodium, Dimor, Fortasec and Pepto Diarrhea Control.

Take care.- Hope it helps.-

Aaron, It won't let me respond on your other post unless I comment. You are 18 years old and in alot of pain, pain causes depression and more pain. It is entirely possible your medical condition is amplifying this situation. Have you tried any of the antidepressants like amitriptyline that help with depression and pain. It is very cheap and the only side effect I ever had was thirstiness, that is a small side effect. Please let us know how you are. Patti

oxyaaron 13 Sep 2010

yeay amitritylin nortpityline, lexapro seroquel trazadone st johns worth you name it and ive tried it i wish i was dead

oxyaaron 13 Sep 2010

thank you for the support but ive tried all those "drugs" nothing works i wish i was dead

Anonymous 13 Sep 2010

Oh Thank God, Aaron, I know it is a huge process to try and figure out what works, believe me, I am very sensitive to antidepressants and most of them send me into mania on the half doses. I am NOT bi polar and mania completely freaks me out. I respond to a small dose of amitriptyline (25 mgs) and/or a small dose of regular ( not extended release) prozac and nothing else has worked. But I have done lots of counseling, and I have started walking to help me get off suboxone, and the walking does release endorphins and it has helped. This might not be possible for you to walk, but something is going to work, I am not sure what will be. You will have support here and that means alot. You didn't say what degenerative disease or condition you have. Post something on this and maybe we will get some answers.

Anonymous 13 Sep 2010

Aaron are you there, I am up now drinking my first cup of coffee and I am going to make a few mistakes until I de fog, but I am here. How are you.

oxyaaron 13 Sep 2010

i neeed sum of yalls numbers for support i took ten ativan this mornign trying kisll myself going tfo su place later duno wat it is