Does marinol work for pain?

Marinol is a prescription medication licensed to treat loss of appetite associated with weight loss in people with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). It is also approved to treat nausea and vomiting due to chemotherapy when other medications have not worked.

Regarding treatment for pain, kindly do seek advice of a doc, please.

Take care, be well, best wishes!

Anonymous

Hi drgreen419,
Yes, I asked a question at one point (here on drugs.com) about legal marijuana (for severe pain associated with fibromyalgia) and got many recommendations for Marinol. I've heard many good things about it.
And no offense my friend Rajive, but I don't think tis used just for lack of appetite in HIV patients.
Best of luck to ye drgreen!!

Marinol (aka Dronabinol) is a "synergist." It helps other pain meds work so you can take less Narcotics. It also helps tolerate opiods as it cures nausea.

Anonymous 8 Oct 2011

Hi psoychak,
Is Dronabinol the generic name, and may I ask if you are in the US? Just curious if that is generic for Marinol.
Thank you,

psoychak 8 Oct 2011

Dronabinol is the generic. Yes I am in the US.