Does lysine help with shingles?

It has been reported to help: extracts from the web are: L-Lysine
Important for healing and for fighting the virus that causes shingles. Lysine may inhibit the replication of the shingles virus.

And

High amounts of lysine taken over the course of the shingles infection may inhibit the replication of the virus that causes shingles without any of the side effects of other treatments. Lysine can be found in beef, pork, eggs and tofu but it may be necessary to supplement in order to get the large amounts of lysine necessary to obtain these beneficial effects.

However you could talk to the healthcare provider for more authentic details, hope this helps?