Does lexapro really work?

It really does work. I tried it for a while, however didn't like the side effects, as everyone reacts differently to these sorts of meds. Lexapro works well for both anxiety and depression. The one thin to remember about SSRI's is that they take a while to kick in... around two weeks.
hope that this is of some help,
Jeff K

Cathleen186 16 Feb 2011

jk13, can I ask you what were the side effects?

rszulu 16 Feb 2011

Lexapro works for me. I still get depressed, but instead of the depression lasting for days, it may only last a day. I gained about 3 lbs. on it, not bad.

Hi, my doc switched me from Celexa to Lexapro a month ago. So far it's been keeping my anxiety down and I haven't had a depressive episode(crying jags etc) for this month. I feel happy and some self confidence is coming back. I give Lexapro a thumbs up. Hope this helps. Cathleen

jk13 16 Feb 2011

I'm really glad to hear this! This is great! Maybe not a 100%, but still, glad to hear that you're feeling more confident and less depressed. It's amazing how antidepressants all work more or less in the same basic way, but everyone reacts so differently to each one of them! Regardless, very cool!

Cathleen186 16 Feb 2011

Thank you Jeff :)