Does lantus have to be refrigerated?

Unopened Vial/Cartridge system/SoloStar® disposable insulin device
Unopened LANTUS vials, cartridge systems and SoloStar® should be stored in a refrigerator, 36°F - 46°F (2°C - 8°C). LANTUS should not be stored in the freezer and it should not be allowed to freeze. Discard if it has been frozen.

Open (In-Use) Vial
Opened vials, whether or not refrigerated, must be used within 28 days after the first use. They must be discarded if not used within 28 days. If refrigeration is not possible, the open vial can be kept unrefrigerated for up to 28 days away from direct heat and light, as long as the temperature is not greater than 86°F (30°C). Open (In-Use) Cartridge system: