Does inderal cause hair loss at 40 mg per day?

As with other beta blockers, hair loss is a problem sometimes reported in people taking Inderal (propranolol hydrochloride). Exactly how common hair loss is in people taking the drug is not known, since the exact percentage was not reported in clinical trials. Additionally, because hair loss is common in the general population, it is not clear if the hair loss reported with beta blockers (like Inderal) is actually related to the medication.

If you experience hair loss while taking Inderal, talk with your healthcare provider. Depending on how severe the hair loss is, there are things that he or she may recommend. If hair loss becomes bothersome, or if your healthcare provider believes the medicine is causing this problem, he or she may recommend another medicine for your condition.