Does glucophage help in weight reduction?

Glucophage (Metformin) is a prescription medication licensed for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. The drug is commonly thought to cause weight loss, although studies have shown mixed results.
It is not entirely clear if metformin causes weight loss however, it seems that people taking metformin do not gain weight.
It is not known if metformin has any effect on weight in people who do not have diabetes.

Glucophage (metformin) is the first-line drug of choice for the treatment of type 2 diabetes, in particular, in overweight and obese people and those with normal kidney function.

Read more:

Take care.-