Does finasteride cause high blood pressure?

High blood pressure is not generally considered to be a side effect of finasteride. In fact, one of the side effects sometimes experienced is low blood pressure!

Hope this helps.

I took finasteride and with in a few weeks I had to go the the emergency room with a bp of 224/111. After four episodes I finally quit taking the medicine and have not had any extreme episodes since. Doctors never picked up that this was the cause. Am I the only one that has had this side effect?

chalie 5 May 2010

I believe propecia is kicking up my systolic BP by about 25 points. My diastolic is always ok.
Thanks 4 ur answers.
charlie