Anonymous

Does effexor xr affect sex drive negatively?

A few of the sexual side effects that can occur in some people taking this medicine include ejaculation problems, a decreased sex drive, and impotence. Depending on how severe the sexual side effects are, the healthcare provider may suggest to adjust Effexor XR dosage or try another depression or anxiety medicine. Hope this helps?

sherrihadley 29 Jun 2010

Yes it certainly does have sexual side effects. I have been on effexor for about 2 months now and I have zero interest in sex. It also makes it nearly impossible to orgasm. I have heard that this problem is with both men and women. It one of the main reasons that people stop taking this medication.