Does cloderm work for shingles?

Cloderm is used to treat a variety of skin conditions (e.g., eczema, dermatitis, allergies, rash). Clocortolone reduces the swelling, itching, and redness that can occur in these types of conditions. This medication is a medium-strength corticosteroid.

For shingles, please do talk to the doc/pharmacist, take care.

Best wishes!

I was prescribed Cloderm in a topical cream, along with 2 other ingredients, by my Dermatologist as a 'last ditch' effort to give me some relief from my shingles rash. The other ingredients are a numbing agent and something to cool my skin (menthol). This concoction DID help me. I now have severe PHN, and still use this cream. It is the only topical thing that gives me any relief from the insane itching and pain.