Does cloderm work for shingles?

I was prescribed Cloderm in a topical cream, along with 2 other ingredients, by my Dermatologist as a 'last ditch' effort to give me some relief from my shingles rash. The other ingredients are a numbing agent and something to cool my skin (menthol). This concoction DID help me. I now have severe PHN, and still use this cream. It is the only topical thing that gives me any relief from the insane itching and pain.

Cloderm is used to treat a variety of skin conditions (e.g., eczema, dermatitis, allergies, rash). Clocortolone reduces the swelling, itching, and redness that can occur in these types of conditions. This medication is a medium-strength corticosteroid.

For shingles, please do talk to the doc/pharmacist, take care.

Best wishes!