Does Celebrex help reduce the duration of a gout attack?

Celebrex is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug which works by reducing pain and inflammation in the body. It won't necessarily shorten the duration of a gout attack. Indomethacin, naproxen and sulindac are the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs usually prescribed for gout attacks.

from http://www.drugs.com/enc/acute-gouty-arthritis.html
A prescription medicine called colchicine helps reduce pain, swelling, and inflammation associated with acute gout attacks. The medication decreases the inflammation caused by uric acid crystals within the joint. It does not decrease the uric acid levels in the bloodstream.

The pain often goes away within 12 hours of starting treatment, and is completely relieved in 48 hours. Daily use of colchicine or allopurinol helps prevent future attacks.