Does buspar chemically balance your body out? i have terrible panic attacks looking for help?

If you're having really terrible panic attacks I don't believe buspar will be the answer. I've never known anyone with panic attacks that buspar did ANYTHING to help. I tried buspar for a while and I never felt any benefit from it whatsoever. I wouldn't waste my co-pay money personally even filling a prescription for buspar. That's just me.

Try the herbal remedy "Kava Kava Extract" in liquid form. The liquid works faster. I had a reaction to prednisone that caused me to have horrible anxiety attacks and my doctor recommended Kava Kava; it worked great!

franklin8905 3 Feb 2012

I was put on high dose prednisone and the same thing hppened to me. Never have I had major problems with anxiety or panic attacks after prednisone I did. Started on Xanax and Buspar today. How long before I can leave the Xanax behind and have the Buspar work. Second, how long do these side effects of prednisone last?

Cloak291 7 Mar 2012

Franklin, let's talk soon. I took Prednisone for 12 days and stopped it on 12th Feb. been off for 3 weeks and 2 days. Have been diagnosed with GAD. need meds to sleep at night. Been on Ativan for 19 nights. What are you doing for your anxiety?

Hi... I am 59 years old a registered nurse and have had anxiety most of my life. I am diagnosed with GAD and OCD and i have been on the combination of Xanax 0.25mg 4 times a day and lopressor (used for beta blocking effects to keep my heart from racing) for over 25 years. Yup you read right... 25 years. Am I addicted? Absolutely... have i ever cheated and taken Xtra doses or asked for a higher dose? Never... The highest dose i have ever taken of the Xanax is 0.25mg use to be 1/2 of a tablet 3 times a day... over the years it is now 1 tablet 4 times a day (total 1mg a day). Docs are amazed and tell me I must not have an addictive personality otherwise my dose by this time would be maxed out... they still can't believe I am on as they call it a "miniscule" dose daily (1mg). I find myself now unemployed for 5 months and am relying on medical care on a sliding scale basis through a medical facility...