Does atenolol help with opiate withdrawal symptoms?

This a a beta blocker a blood pressure lowering medication. A heart medication go to a doctor and withdraw with help and maybe the right meds to help you get through it you won't regret it it is not worth the scary lonely withdraw you go through alone. Good luck

Atenolol (Tenormin) is in a group of drugs called beta-blockers. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins).

Atenolol is used to treat angina (chest pain) and hypertension (high blood pressure). It is also used to treat or prevent heart attack.

Read more:

However, before you stop or start to take this med, please talk to your doctor, it has not been reported to help opiate withdrawal symptoms.