Does amoxicillin/clavulanate for children go bad if u do not refrigerate?

YES! If it has not been refrigerated it should NOT be given.

I agree, that is why it says on the label WARNING PLEASE REFRIGERATE. You did not have it in there please discard.

I have a bottle now that was prescribed yesterday to my 8 month old. It states on the bottle that refrigeration is preferable but not required.

tf9069 28 Feb 2010

twhumphr - Are you a doctor? Please explain why you are so confident that it should NOT be given.

Amoxicillin & clavulanate have storage condition that it should be refrigarated, if its not the medicine gets contaminated.

Our bottle says "refrigeration preferable but not required"

Double check with your pharmacist.