Do you have to take remeron the same exact time every nite?

Why is Remeron prescribed?
Remeron is prescribed for the treatment of major depression—that is, a continuous depressed mood that interferes with everyday life. The symptoms of major depression often include changes in appetite and weight, difficulty sleeping, loss of interest in pleasurable activities, constant fidgeting or a slowdown in movement, fatigue, feelings of guilt or worthlessness, difficulty concentrating, slowed thinking, and suicidal thoughts.

Remeron is thought to work by adjusting the balance of the brain's natural chemical messengers, especially norepinephrine and serotonin. It belongs to the class of drugs known as tetracyclics and is chemically unrelated to other antidepressants such as serotonin reuptake inhibitors and MAO inhibitors.

Anonymous

Hi Im bipolar 41 years old, and it is always good to regulate your organism to the med and take 4 example: always 10:30pm or so or later it depends what time you have to get up, you and your body acquire disciplne which is very important 4 your treatment.
This is from my experience
I take meds @ night always @ the same exact time and in the mornings as well.

Remeron causes drowsiness, it comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day, usually at bedtime.