Diovan HCT - is diovan an alpha or beta blocker?

Its an ARB, so its neither of the other options.

​Diovan HCT (valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide,) belongs to a class of drugs called Angiotensin II Receptor Antagonist (ARB) along with a diuretic.

It is neither an alpha or beta blocker.
http://www.drugs.com/mtm/diovan-hct.html

3 years ago my family practitioner prescribed metaprolol, a beta blocker for my high blood pressure?

I have gained 20 pounds that I cannot get rid of. Six months ago, my cardiologist changed the meducation (to treat the high BP) to carvidilol, a ...

I take Diovan and Fosinopril every day. Is this safe? Why does it list it to be generally avoided?

In the Database it says that to combine an Ace inhibitor with a beta blocker and Valsartan is dangerous. I am only taking 2 drugs so why does it call ...

Do you know if Diovan HCT causes an elevation in blood glucose if you're not diabetic?

I had to discontinue Diovan HCT because of constipation and it also exacerbated my dystonia ( a neurological condition which causes weakness in my ...

High Blood Pressure - Anyone one on Labetalol. It is an alpha and a beta blocker since my blood?

... pressure cannot be controlled after 4 other pills. It makes me weak and dizzy and have to sit down. Any comments or knowledge is appreciated. My ...