Difference between oxycodone and hydrocodone?

Oxycodone hydrochloride is an opioid pain reliever. It is an active ingredient in many different prescription medications. It is available by itself (in both short- and long-acting products) or in combination with other active ingredients.

Oxycodone is a narcotic and is a "controlled substance" in the United States.

Hydrocodone is an opioid (morphine-like) medication. It is an active ingredient in several hundred different prescription drugs. In these medications, hydrocodone is always combined with at least one other active ingredient (most often acetaminophen); hydrocodone is not available by itself. Although most often used for pain relief, hydrocodone is also used as a cough suppressant.

The medication is a narcotic and is a "controlled substance" in the United States.

Hope the info helps?