However, the literature states that scripts covered in whole or in part by Medicaid/Medicare (including the coverage gap, which I have entered again this year) are NOT eligible to use this savings card. There are also other restricted groups like government-funded health programs and HMO's if you are reimbursed for the cost of the drugs. Even if a patient is reimbursed, the manufacturers (Purdue) could help with the incredibly high cost, just a little.

This will help many people who can get access to it (Costco is my pharmacy, and you do not have to be a member to use Costco pharmacies!) but I don't understand why those in the Medicare coverage gap (the "donut hole) are excluded. Does anyone know?

Of course, it's Friday night and past closing time so I can't ask them this question until Monday. But I will ask. Of all people who need help with cost of medications, it's the Medicare recipients, perticularly those in the donut hole during which we must pay the next $4,300+ this year.

To find out more about this program, the literature states that patients with questions can call 1-800-615-4987 during normal business hours Mon-Fri from 9:00am-5:30pm EST. I hope this is helpful to someone.
Kathy