Did anyone using Spironolactone experience hair loss?

I haven't taken spironolactone myself but the link below has reviews/comments made by people who have used it. May be someone has commented with that regards.

Actually one comment was that spironolactone had slowed down the hair loss.

http://www.drugs.com/comments/spironolactone/

Hair loss is not a known side effect of spironolactone either.

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/spironolactone-side-effects.html

narrie 21 Nov 2011

My father took spirolactone for just six days for bronchitis before experiencing severe reactions to it. He has lost his use of his legs (he was an active man for his age). He is tired, ean a fever, got confused had a sore throat and mouth and was swollen . One of the minor symptoms was a totla lack of growth of hair and hair loss on his head. He is now in hospital . They say he has 50% chance of recovery. I had to fight to get him treated.

These side effects are not being told to people when taking this drug. I couldnt find it anywhere until I started reading in depth and looking across the internet- then you will find it. I cannot tell you if it is permanent. In my opinion this drug is a menace.

pnthrses77 17 Feb 2012

I started losing my hair after about a month into taking spironolactone. I had blood tests done and a scalp biopsy taken to find answers on why I am losing 300-400 hair strands a day and results were female pattern hair loss. But I am not convinced this is the case, it doesn't run in my family and let me tell you my hair loss has not slowed down. I am going to stop taking the sprionolactone to see if this stops the hair loss. I will comment with any results.