Dexmethylphenidate and methylphenidate whats the difference?

Dexmethylphenidate is very similar to methylphenidate (the active component of Concerta®, Daytrana®, Ritalin®, Metadate®, and Methylin®). In fact, methylphenidate is actually a mixture of dexmethylphenidate and levomethylphenidate. Of these two components, dexmethylphenidate is the more active one.

Hope this answers your question? Take care, best wishes!

toddcas 6 Jan 2012

I dont wana sound stupid but i have to ask when you say Active what exactly do you mean.

Rajive Goel 7 Jan 2012

Actives are known as the molecules which are the main component of the med besides various other ingredients such as; lubricants, binders, preservatives, starch, coloring etc.