Devil's Claw - what could happen if one took deil's claw without consulting a doctor?

Devil's Claw is an herbal product. It is unknown exactly how it works, but it has an anti-inflammatory effect.
This product has not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as safe and effective for any medical condition. The long-term safety of herbal products is not known. See: http://www.drugs.com/cdi/devil-s-claw.html

Even though you have taken Devil's Claw see your doctor if you are pregnant or have a stomach ulcer or any other medical condtion.