What is degenerative disc disease?

Anonymous

Hello

Quote:

"Degeneration of the intervertebral disc of the spine, often called "degenerative disc disease" (DDD) or "degenerative disc disorder", is a condition that can be painful and can greatly affect the quality of one's life. While disc degeneration is a normal part of aging and for most people is not a problem, for certain individuals a degenerated disc can cause severe constant chronic pain."

Source:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degenerative_disc_disease

Take care,

maso.-

Degenerative disc disease is not really a disease but a term used to describe the normal changes in your spinal discs as you age. Spinal discs are soft, compressible discs that separate the interlocking bones (vertebrae) that make up the spine. The discs act as shock absorbers for the spine, allowing it to flex, bend, and twist. Degenerative disc disease can take place throughout the spine, but it most often occurs in the discs in the lower back (lumbar region) and the neck (cervical region).

Http://www.webmd.com