Cyproheptadine - can this medication be taking for headaches?

It is also used as a dialator that is probably why your doctor used this for your headaches.
Some doctors are now using Plavix to get rid of these headaches. Even though it is not made for this. My friend uses Plavix and has never felt better. Other doctors laugh at the idea. But opening the blood flow to the brain makes sense.

Yes. Cyproheptadine can be used in the treatment of cluster headaches and migraine headaches, though it is not FDA approved for those conditions.