Could the oral drug Nystatin cause death? How do you know if you are allergic to it?

Nystatin is highly unlikely to cause death unless you have a severe allergic reaction and don't get medical help immediately.

Symptoms of an allergic reaction are rash, itching, difficulty breathing; tightness in chest, closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives.

Other side effects that you may experience are mouth irritation, nausea or stomach upset, vomiting, or diarrhea.

Since nystatin is not absorbed by your body, drug interactions are not expected.