Could bactroban 2% cream be used to cure a vaginal yeast infection?

Anonymous

Unfortunately No, it is antibiotic and you need an antifungul, like Monistat. They even have store brand now that is cheaper. Yeast infections are cause when the good bacteria that we all have are down and the yeast can then grow unchecked. When women who are prone to yeast infections take antibiotics, they often get yeast because of the good bacteria getting killed off. Birth control pills, wearing wet swimsuits and over indulging in alcoholic beverages and sweets also tend to cause them. Use mild soap to cleanse with and use one of the Monistat or store brand anti yeast medication kits with the cream for the outside skin and you should be much better in 48 hours. Vagisil will help with the skin irritation also, just don't glob either medicine on the skin, it actually needs to breathe.