Colchicine - what is the correct dosage?

This is the dosing schedule for colchicine:

Colchicine Dosing Information

Usual Adult Dose for Acute Gout:

Parenteral:
Initial (IV): 2 mg one time, followed by 0.5 mg IV every 6 hours until a satisfactory response is attained or 3 mg one time or 1 mg one time, followed by 0.5 mg once or twice a day if needed. Do not exceed a total of 4 mg/day or for one course of treatment. If pain recurs, it may be necessary to give 1 to 2 mg/day for several days.

Oral:
Initial: 1 to 1.2 mg orally one time, followed by 0.5 to 1.2 mg orally every 1 to 2 hours until pain is relieved or nausea, vomiting or diarrhea occurs. The total dose needed to control pain and swelling is typically 4 to 8 mg. Do not exceed 8 mg per day.

Usual Adult Dose for Gout -- Prophylaxis: