Codeine/Promethazine - is the cough syrup stonger than the hydrocodone pills?

I don't know that your cough medicine is necessarily stronger than the hydrocodone pills. Personally, codeine never did a thing for me. promethazine (phenergan) is a medication used for nausea. I know one thing, it will probably make you sleep like a baby.

I can not compair phenergan with codeine to hydrocodone pills but I do swear by it when I have a upper respitory infection. It really helps with the chest walll pain you get from a bad cough. Good Luck with this