Is clonazepam the same as a 1mg xanax?

Anonymous

1 mg's of Clonazepam is approximately equal to 1 mg's of Xanax (Alprazolam).

Take care,

masso.-

shezie 24 Dec 2014

This is wrong in fact I'm seeing this alot! And it's terrible that they all say the same thing then refer to the same chart the found on a website. These people probably never experienced these drugs and just want to feel smart by googling the answer. I can tell you from experience if your used to xanax and are changing to kpins then the 1to1 mg equivalency is incorrect. If ur used to the strong but short burst that xanax provides at 1mg then u will prob need 2mg of kpins. Now if ur the other way around and used to 1mg of kpin and switching to a faster and stronger hitting medicine like xanax u will only need .5mg of xanax . I'm not saying it's a 2to1 ratio but at the lower mg these 2 drugs work in that way the xanax is stronger cause it hits u faster and with full force as where the kpins don't per say kick in u don't get that feeling really cause they slowly ease stress over a few hours not like the 30 mins and u feel relief with the xans.

chass75 11 Jan 2015

Masso

I agree.

MB0628 10 Mar 2015

Is Xanax and clonazepam the same med? Nurse said the dr ordered Xanax but I think she brought clonazepam. Is it the same?

I started taking clonazepam 1 milligram to help me sleep. But it is not helping. Seriquil. Nothing. What can help me sleep. I took 3 clonazepams yesterday just to sleep but was dizzy for 2 days after. Now I'm scared to take them again.

herk115 23 Sep 2015

brecia,

Try 1 - 2 tabs of Dramamine about an hour before bedtime. Works great for me and I sleep soundly all night long. It's OTC so you'll have no trouble getting it. If it works, buy the Equate generic at WalMart. Trust me, be sure you're in bed snuggled for the night within one hour of taking it, or you'll spend the night on the couch or wherever you were sitting. Hope this helps.

Str8tru6lu2 26 Nov 2015

Ask about 50 mg Hydroxinine

vharvey72 2 Dec 2015

Seroquel is awesome if you're hypo-manic or coming down from a mania, using it to sleep is hard sometimes because it can cause restless legs I have to take cogentin with it. Elavils a mild anti depressants that works well to for sleep. Be very careful if switching from Xanax to Clonzapam, being if you take a high dose of xanax daily you could have seizures. Never be afraid of your Dr. discuss your concerns, I all ready side effects or troubles, we are there to help you, I if your meds aren't working. I It often takes a while to get the right meds that work for you. Good Luck

Xanax (alprazolam), Klonopin (clonazepam), Valium (diazepam), and Ativan (lorazepam) are all benzodiazepines. They are all in the same class and work similarly. They are all tranquilizers that act against anxiety and produce sedation.

The basic difference between these two drugs is:
Xanax tablets come in 0.25mg, 0.5mg, 1mg, and 2 mg strengths and are indicated for the relief of anxiety.
Klonpoin tablets come in 0.5 mg, 1 mg, and 2mg strengths and are indicated for the relief of panic disorder or seizures.
Milligrams are relative and are therefore unique to each drug.

The effect either of these drugs would have on you would depend on the quantity you take. Also, patients usually report that the relief provided by a single prescribed dose of Xanax can last up to four hours, and the relief provided by a single prescribed dose of Klonopin can last up to eight hours.

Hope this has helped.

Dicker410 6 days ago

Xanax was a fluke and was used more in seizures than Kpin. People getting advice off a forum proves we over think to much causing anxiety

47 years of battling anxiety and no drug has helped me more than out reaching adolescents to help them in their need.
Each medication works different on all of us . Hopefully you understand this even though there are many similarities.