Anonymous

Claritin-D 24 Hour - could you test positive for methamphitamines in a drug test taking this?

No. Claritin-d 24 hour is an ant-histamine, not an amphetamine.

Anonymous 6 Jul 2009

The reason I posted this question is that a race car driver was suspend for testing positive for methamphetamine and, said that all he took was Claritin-D or the 24 hr. stuff... I just wanted to get a opinioun on it!! He was let back in after a threat of a law suit... Thanks for answering!!!

ckod 28 Aug 2009

What about the D part of Claritin D , it's pseudoephadrine a decongestant?

YES It can on the simple tests they do on the spot. When sent to a lab it should show it was a false positive though. I looked it up and Claratin-D has Loratadine in it (and pseudoephadrine in it) BOTH Can cause a false positive for amphetamines! Look it up, sites all over and doctors both say it will. I just had a false positive from Loratadine and next week when the results are in from the lab test it will show my positive was from Loratadine (Generic for DimeTapp, some sites mention both generic and brand name some only brand name)) not street drugs. But a good lab when sent out for real testing should show what it really was. Do not let anyone tell you you cannot get a false positive from this though. I assume they just did an instant test and not a lab? They need to send it out to a lab if not.