Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease - what is the best cough syrup for COPD and asthma?

I have had COPD now for 4 years. I have used many different cough syrups over the past years. The only thing that has ever 'really' helped me at all isn't a syrup, it is a capsule. It is called BENZONATE (gernic name). I take 1 capsule (100mg.) 3 times a day. You will need a dr. to prescribe it though. My cough is gone within 4-5 days. It is wonderful.
The brand name is Tessalon Perle. Good luck to you.

hi, i also have C.O.P.D. my DR. gives me tussionex pennkinetic suspension, it will stop a cough quickly. but this does have hydrocodone in it.