Anonymous

Can I take Ceftin if I am allergic to Augmentin?

There is a 10% chance you will be allergic to cephalosporins if you are allergic to penicillins. My question is what happens to you if you take augmentin because alot of people call stomach upset or something like that an allergy. I am allergic to penicillin and have never reacted to a cephalosporin.

If you are allergic to Augmentin then you are allergic to penicillin. People who are allergic to penicillin could be (or are likely to be) allergic to Ceftin (cefuroxime), a cephalosporin antibiotic.

http://www.drugs.com/ceftin.html