I am in canada and mucinex is not available here. Is guaifenesin is available here ?

Anonymous

Hello carryon. Available here meaning the United States? If so yes it is. Regards pledge

Anonymous

I actually have a question for you carryon. You listed fibromyalgia , & I am wondering if this is what you are trying on your own or has a doctor ordered it for your fibromyalgia? There has been a lot of discussion about whether mucinex helps fibromyalgia on this site. I have never heard of it being successful for a treatment for fibro. I even became a guinea pig for about 2 months as I also have fibromyalgia, & it did not seems to help me at all. That's not to say it won't help you, & if you try this & it works, could you please send us a note & let us know the results if this is what you are trying to do. Much appreciated, & best wishes to you...

Anonymous 14 Nov 2012

I actually found this on wikipedia. You should go there to see if it's available in Canada. It could go undera different name there too... Mary

carryon 14 Nov 2012

I am under a doctor's care - several to be exact. Going on this treatment plan is a last resort for me. This protocol must be followed religiously and there are many levels to it. You have to give it longer than 2 months. The way I understand it is that for the beginning the flares are terrible as you detox and as your body adjusts and you have to adjust the dosage according to your body's needs.

Gusifenesin is the ingrediant in Mucinex. It breaks up the mucus in your chest to make your cough ptoductive. That way you can cough up the mucus and spit it out, rid your body of it.