Can you take Wellbutrin with ADD medication?

Anonymous

Hello MrsShattuck. No. Any of the drugs that are used to treat ADD such as Ritalin, Concerta, Focalin and Adderall contain amphetamine, dextramphetaime, and are at a high risk of causing Serotonon Syndrome as well as other serious side effects. You might ask your doctor to confirm and ask him first if you plan to take Wellbutrin and an Add drug. Best of wishes to you,pledge

At the appropriate dosages, it is ok to take Wellbutrin with medications such as Adderall. If you take more than the prescribed amount you could run into the problems mentioned by Pledge. I have taken Wellbutrin XL 300mg and Adderall XR 30mg with no problems as prescribed by my doctor.