Can you take Tramadol along side Valium ?

Yes it can make you sleepy but i think you will be fine if you keep it in order. i take klonopin, tramadol, vicodin and many others and im fine so you should be too.

christineATU 10 Mar 2011

Hope you finally got all the right meds in order. Sounds like you have a decent doctor now. That's good!

caringsonbj 10 Mar 2011

with medications like these they carry the potential for you to become sleepy but other than that you should be fine, be sure that you do not consume other medication with these or alcohol without consulting your doctor, when taking these two medications be careful when getting up and down and driving just until you are sure of how it affects you. Be safe and take good care

To the person who said you should be fine if you take all those drugs just because you do, I just want to say that you are 100% bonafide idiot (Look it up of you don't know what it means).

Hey Brooke,

Just to give you the most accurate in depth answer, this is what I found on the interactions checker:

Interactions between your selected drugs
diazepam ↔ tramadol
Applies to: Valium (diazepam), tramadol

MONITOR: Central nervous system- and/or respiratory-depressant effects may be additively or synergistically increased in patients taking multiple drugs that cause these effects, especially in elderly or debilitated patients.

MANAGEMENT: During concomitant use of these drugs, patients should be monitored for potentially excessive or prolonged CNS and respiratory depression. Ambulatory patients should be counseled to avoid hazardous activities requiring mental alertness and motor coordination until they know how these agents affect them, and to notify their physician if they experience excessive or prolonged CNS effects that interfere with their normal activities.

Hi Brooke Emery I would not do this personally because some strong drugs like these can conflict with eachother also cause added side effects.If you are having problems with pain management then I suggest you see a pain managament specialist that will help you to work with your pain because what you want to do mix drugs like these is asking for problems. Hope you get this problem with pain sorted out ! take care Candypq

I just wanted to add that a friend of mine used to take Diazepam and Tramadol and it made his anxiety worse and made him feel very sleepy/not so in touch with reality...