Can you take promethazine dm and zyrtec together?

These medications may enhance the effects of each other. That is why their combination is not reccommended

Generally, it is recommended that these two medications not be used simultaneously together. Although risk is said to be moderate, there is the a chance that the person's mental alertness can be compromised reflected in the dulling of the cognition, causing latent sleep, and other CNS and nervous system compromises. So, although the risks are moderate, they are not worth taking. Hope that this helps.