Can you take Lasix for weight loss?

Lasix is not indicated for weight loss.

Lasix is a loop diuretic (water pill) that prevents your body from absorbing too much salt, allowing the salt to instead be passed in your urine.

Lasix treats fluid retention (edema) in people with congestive heart failure, liver disease, or a kidney disorder such as nephrotic syndrome. This medication is also used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).

People who have fluid retention problems may lose a bit of weight while they are on Lasix but it definitely shouldn't be used for losing weight.