Can you take fentanyl with subutex,or librium,xanax?

You sure can take Fentanly with Xanax but not suboxone with fentanyl or benzodiapepines. If your doctor is prescribing the fentanyl and knows about the xanax or Librium you should be fine. Signs of danger include the following: Nausea, vomiting, delayed breathing and a slow heart rate. If you feel any of those side effects you should stop and talk to you're doctor. Now about suboxone.. Most doctors warn patients not to take benzodiapines because it can cause respiratory problems while you're on suboxone. The only problem you'll have is that the fentanyl won't work if your on suboxone. Suboxone blocks all the opiate/opioid receptors in your brain. You'll most likely have withdrawal symptoms if you take the Fentanyl and Suboxone at the same time. It's probably a bad Idea. Why are you taking suboxone, fentanyl and benzodiazepines? Were they prescribe by the same doctor?

sami1987 12 Sep 2010

The commeter above is incorrect. I am a therapist and have worked with a psychiatrist for year. The question was can you take SUBUTEX not SUBOXONE wiht fentany. Subtex is just pain medicine and suboxone has an added ingredient called naloxone which is an opiate antagonist. An antagonist slips into the pain receptor sites, such as mu and kappa; leaving the idividual to get very sick or have a fatal overdose trying to get high. Subutex does not have naloxone in it at all. Just be very care that you don't over do it, ESPECIALLY if you are going to take Xanax as well.