Can you drink alcohol while on effient and or renexa?

Hey fryerswell,

The effient and alcohol show no interactions when I checked. The renexa I can't locate. Have you spelled this correctly? Did you by chance mean prenexa? Of course, it is best to always check with the pharmacist.

Laurie

caringsonbj 18 May 2011

Unless it is checked by someone (such as Laurie or others) before drinking with any medication it can ber a serrious thing especially if it's an unsure thing about one of the drugs, always double check with the pharmacist to be sure thats the medicine you were talking about so that you are safe, not only me but every person on here wants the best for you

Annarac 24 Aug 2012

Ranexa Ranolazine is used alone or with other medications to treat ongoing angina (chest pain or pressure that is felt when the heart does not get enough oxygen). Ranolazine is in a class of medications called anti-anginals. The exact way that ranolazine works is not known at this time. Ranolazine comes as an extended No noted relation to alcohol reactions.