Can we use tofranil (imipramine) in treating muscle pain?

Tofranil (imipramine hydrochloride) is a prescription medicine licensed to treat the following conditions: Depression (also known as major depression or clinical depression) in adults & bedwetting in children.

Tofranil Uses for Depression
Depression is more than just "feeling sad". Common symptoms of depression include: Changes in sleep (sleeping too much or not enough); eating too much or too little (and weight gain or weight loss); having little interest in things that you used to enjoy; physical pain; feeling hopeless or worthless; suicidal thoughts.

Rajive Goel 29 Aug 2011

Please ignore my answer, regret wrongly having posted the answer... thanks in anticipation.

ElizaJane23 29 Aug 2011

No Rajive, your answer is spot on! These older antidepressants do help some with pain - that was listed as one of the things it does. So it is entirely possible this med will help with muscle pain. It wont be a direct effect - as in using a narcotic, rather it will be an indirect effect - that Is, over 4-6 weeks there will be a gradual difference. Whether it is enough pain difference, that is something only the patient can tell.