Can vicodin cause a positive drug screen for cocaine ?

Anonymous

It shouldn't. There are alot of flawed drug tests out there, I read about them constantly on this site. If you have a mistake result like that, offer to take another test but ask for it to be from a different batch of test. Offer to let them take blood or hair to clear your name. My counselor said she had to run a drug screen on herself if she had several people all swear they had not taken a particular medication they came up positive for and she said if she came up positive for the same medication, she threw out the whole batch of tests.

Anonymous 21 Jun 2010

Cocaine would have come up as an amphetamine, vicodin is an opiate, the exact oppossite of cocaine.

christineATU 21 Jun 2010

I agree with Patti. If there is no way coke should be in your system, definitely demand a new test from a new batch. Good luck to you!