Can u use/take Zanaflex for Rheumatoid Arthritis? Thnx?

My mother suffers from MS and has taken this medication, but it did not help her much.-
But bare in mind that not all organisms react in the same way to medications regarding benefits and side effects.-

Zanaflex (tizanidine hydrochloride) is a prescription medication used to treat spasticity, a condition involving muscle spasms, cramps, and tightness that is often caused by multiple sclerosis (MS) or spinal cord injuries. This medication is short-acting (each dose only lasts for a few hours) and should be reserved for daily activities when spasticity control is most important.

Take care.-

Anonymous 11 Nov 2010

Analgesia (painkillers) and anti-inflammatory drugs, including steroids, are used to suppress the symptoms, while disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs) are required to inhibit or halt the underlying immune process and prevent long-term damage. In recent times, the newer group of biologics has increased treatment options.

Disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs have been used in the treatment of rheumatic arthritis for a long time now. Rheumatologists now use combination therapy of multiple disease modifying drugs for rheumatoid arthritis as it has become apparent that using combination of these drugs does not increase their relative toxicity profiles. Common combinations of DMARDs include methotrexate – hydroxychloroquine, methotrexate – sulfasalazine, sulfasalazine – hydroxychloroquine, and methotrexate – hydroxychloroquine – sulfasalazine.

I hope this information helps you.-

All the best.-