Can the body make too much blood?

What do you mean by too much blood? Do you mean the volume or the cells it contains e.g. red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets? Please add your answer as a "comment" and I'll try to help.

Kingzleypub 9 Nov 2009

Overall volume I believe, a question posed at work in regards to donating blood,and the amount of time it takes to replenish,can your body make to much blood ? Thanks Marvell. Jon W.

Marvell 10 Nov 2009

Realistically the body doesn't make too much blood (however some people who have water retention problems may have slightly higher blood volume. In terms of donating blood your body actually loses that volume with all it's "goodness" i.e. red blood cells, white blood cells, etc. and your body slowly adjusts the volume and makes more cells to balance the hematocrit.