Can testosterone cause anxiety when taking it or when coming off it?

This is one I had to look up, however from what I have read the answer to your question is yes to both questions you have.
It also may depend on the way you were taking this medication, or route, was is buccal? or patch, or oral. etc. Also if you must continue to take this medication, you need to talk to your doctor about your symptoms also, Sometimes you have to decrease it slowly so as not to have these side effects. I would certainly check with your doctor. Good Luck to you, and please check back and let us know how you're doing. Blessings to you!